Minimbah EA63 Timber Cruiser, built 1946

Categories
»
»
Published
23rd August 2016

Minimbah EA63 is a 32 foot timber cruiser originally built in Forster, Tuncurry, Northern NSW in 1946 by John Wright Ship Builders.

"Minimbah" was the aboriginal name for the Tuncurry district where she was built.

In the 1970's she was relocated to Lake Eildon, Victoria. After a number of years service, Minimbah was sunk.

After being salvaged from the waters of Lake Eildon, Minimbah was eventually sold and transported to the Gippsland Lakes. Grant and Kellie Ottaway have owned her since 2006 and carried out substantial restoration work in 2012.

Today, Minimbah EA63 is docked in Paynesville.

« Previous | Next »